Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Honeymoon Day 2 - Singapore -morning

Wow, what a fantastic six foot six inches!!! I definitely want one when I get home....if it makes me feel like this even after such a lot of travelling yesterday, then I want to recommend one to all my friends too! Now before you let your minds go wandering.... I’m actually talking about the size of the most comfortable bed I’ve EVER slept in. So our first day in Singapore started on a high and at this point I felt totally fine in terms of jet lag...what jet lag??

We had a city tour planned pick up time at 8.30am; we considered this would be the best way to take in all the sights within such a short trip. The only drawback was the saturating heat...it was an open top bus which enabled fantastic viewing of the important landmarks, but it was unbearably hot upstairs, so Alec stayed downstairs in the air-conditioned fridge, whilst I on the upper deck, was accompanied by a host of multi-national sweaty passengers. I’d like to say it was my mood that was exceptionally high, but that was just their smell! Why is it that some nationalities just don’t believe in using anti-perspirant deodorant or body spray? I felt secure that it wasn’t me, as I let the warm wind blow through my hair and clothes to help dry me off. If this was Singapore, as beautiful a city as it is, I don’t think I could stand being out of doors for more than 10 minutes at a time. Two days to experience this magnificent metropolis would be more than ample time, thank you!

The National Orchid Gardens (botanical gardens) was the highlight of the day, as we meandered our way through garlands of orchids of every colour and delightful description you could think of. The purple ones were my favourite, Alec was in his element in the cool house. An obligatory Taoist Temple followed, where we discovered it was Confuscious’ birthday and were told that if we prayed to this philosopher on this particular day we might be endowed with academic prowess...a bit too late for me I think! A predictable jewellery factory that always seem to be forced upon you on such tours, and busy market place called “Little India”, we completed the tour arriving and then ascending onto the Singapore Flyer, apparently the tallest “London Eye” thingy in the world.....so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home