Friday, 6 April 2007

Day 5 - Saturday 7 April - Off to Xi'an


We're blogging from the Priority Club lounge at the airport waiting for Air China's Captain Hoo Flu Hi to pilot us to Xi'an (She-an). It's a couple of hours flight we believe. Time to practice our Chinese symbols or listen to the iPods.
When we arrive, we are due a leisurely walk on the Ancient City Walls, and to also take in the Drum Tower and then a Tang Dynasty Show and a Tang Dynasty Banquet.
(For those of you watching in black and white, The Tang Dynasty (Chinese: ; pinyin: Tángcháo) lasted from 18 June 618 to 4 June 907 AD and at its height was one of the most powerful empires in the world.)

1 Comments:

At 8 April 2007 at 05:40 , Blogger snakefisch said...

Wow, sounds awesome! Wish I was there too. I just remembered about your blog and checked it out...
They should be back from Vietnam next weekend, so I'll let them know about this as well.
Have a wikid time!
Sophie xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home